Friday, July 13, 2007

Style Icon of the Week - Kate Hudson


I've always been a fan of Kate Hudson ever since her star turn in 'Almost Famous' as the hippy groupy, Penny Lane. In the fashion world she's always been defined by her boho-chic style of dress - a sort of laid-back California vibe with a bohemian edge. One minute, boho-chic is in, the next it's out, but as far as I'm concerned it's always a valid look as long as you don't take it to the extreme. And here lies, Kate Hudson, who always has just a hint of hippie-style. She's been seen about town here on the Westside lately with her new (and sometime off and on) beau, the ever-boyish, Owen Wilson - in my opinion, a step up from her ex-hubby, the John Lennon wanna-be, Chris Robinson. My favorite look of hers is this cute, white pointelle babydoll dress she wore recently in L.A. paired with the flatest of flats. The perfect amount of boho-chic with a touch of Audrey Hepbhurn in there with the cute shoes. I think Kate would be very much at home in one of my Stacia crochet babydoll dresses from Summer in either Venetian or Cameo. This slightly hippie-chic dress with delicate crocheting at the chest is available at shopstacia.com. And if I was styling her, I'd accessorize the summery dress with some London Sold flats - my new favorite comfy shoe! These flats are guarantee blister proof and you're sure to get double-takes when you stride down Montana Ave. in a pair of bronze ones! London Sole is having a store-wide Summer sale now so there's deals to be had too. From 'Almost Famous' to Style Icon of the Week - Kate Hudson is a designer's dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment