Wednesday, July 4, 2007

What's in My Closet - Summer '07


It's finally heating up here in Santa Monica! Most may not realize that here on the Westside near the ocean it doesn't really get hot until July (May Gray and June Gloom months tend to be a bit chilly). Finally I can don my favorite Sharon Segal tanks that I just ordered. My LA showroom also represents this fabulous t-shirt line from retail guru, Sharon Segal of Santa Monica. In the past I've been partial to the C&C line of cotton tees, but ever since conglomerate Liz Claiborne bought them out, the line and its quality have become mainstream and boring. Thank God for Sharon's silky tees to save the day - cool fashion details in a super-soft washable cotton modal knit. Check out her tees at Electric Ladyland's funky web site (check out Stacia at Electric Ladyland the next time you're in Scottsdale, Arizona!) or buy direct when you're in Santa Monica at Sharon Segal's shop in Fred Segal. My favorite topper for these fab tanks and tees has been my very own spacedye cropped knit jacket (see above.) It's the perfect cover-up for the basic tee to add a splash of color. And it keeps your shoulders covered from the sun and wards off the A/C chill when indoors. My daily staple has been the Kaleidoscope color way. With its multi-colored palette, it pretty much goes with every color Sharon tank I own. Its empire-waisted drawstring and pretty little cap sleeves always makes me feel a tad more feminine when I slip it on over my utilitarian tees. So that's my uniform this Summer - the Sharon Segal tank and my Stacia cropped jacket. Comment and let me know what's your staple this Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment